Level 2 Award in the Safe use of Pesticides and Level 2 Award in Safe Application of Pesticide using Hand Held Equipment
In this Lantra accredited combined course learn about correct use and the application of pesticides. This course is designed for beginners to become safe and compliant to use specialist chemicals. Walk away from this course with the knowledge you will be safely handling chemicals and handheld applicators.
Number of candidates per course: 6
During in this course, you will cover:
- Understand what pesticides are and their ‘field of use’
- State legislation relevant to pesticide application
- Store and transport pesticides safely
- Take the appropriate action to protect yourself and the environment
- Interpret and use of label information
- Dispose of the pesticides and containers safely
- Identify and describe how handheld applicators work
- Identify and select nozzles for various applications
- Achieve the required spray quality
- Operate the applicator safely and efficiently in various situations
Units covered in qualification:
- Level 2 in Safe Use of Pesticides
- Level 2 Award in Safe Application of Pesticides using Handheld Equipment
Upon succesful completion of the assessment linked to this course you will receive a Level 2 Award in the Safe use of Pesticides and Level 2 Award in Safe Application of Pesticide using Hand Held Equipment.
Please note that there is a written and practical assessment for this course. If you feel that you might have any difficulties in completing either element, please contact the office.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
Equipment required and information related to lunches will be sent to the booker by email 14 days before the course is to begin or as soon as possible if within 7 days.
Your email will confirm directions to the course site, timings and instructor details.
Your booking confirmation email only serves to confirm your booking and payment and the date and timings of your course. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
VENUE: This course is held at our Islip Training Centre.