Strimmer / Brush Cutter
Brush cutters and trimmers are popular tools and work great in tricky terrains. This course is designed for beginners or anyone looking to refresh their current skills. Walk away from this course with newfound skills and knowledge, ready to develop in the field.
We allocate 1 day for training and assessment. Number of candidates per course: 6
During in this course, you will cover:
- Carry out correctly all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s instruction book
- Detect defects on the equipment and decide which the operator can remedy, and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Start the trimmer/brush cutter from both hot and cold start in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-cutting checks
- Operate the equipment having regard for the safety of the public, property, and environmental factors
- And much more
After succesfully completing this course you will receive a certificate of competence.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
You will need to bring:
A form of photo ID either valid driving licence or passport.
Non snag clothing suitable for all weather as you will be outside
Arborist Helmet, complete with full mesh face shield and visor
Ear defenders conforming to 31SNR rating
Steel Toe Cap Boots or Chainsaw Boots
recommend bringing your own Strimmer/Brushcutter, Operator Manual and Maintenance
Tools. This will give the best possible experience. Important Information:
We recommend bringing your own Strimmer/Brushcutter, Operator Manual and Maintenance Tools. This will give the best possible experience.
- Assessment for this qualification will be a mix of online assessment, oral contribution and group work. Should you have any concerns about your ability to access this learning and assessment please contact the office to discuss any reasonable adjustments that may be available for you.
- Equipment required and information related to lunches will be sent to the booker by email 14 days before the course is to begin or as soon as possible if within 7 days.
- Your email will contain directions to the course site, will specify if lunch is provided and any dietary requirements, and the equipment that may be required.
- Your booking confirmation email only serves to confirm your booking and payment and the date and timings of your course.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
VENUE: Course held either at our Islip Training Venue or subject to numbers, your own site . Joining instructions will detail the exact location.