Level 3 Award In Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques
Chainsaws are powerful tools, it is essential to have training to use a chainsaw at height. This Lantra accredited course teaches you the skills and knowledge to prepare for the for Level 3 Award In Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques assessment. Please note that there are prerequisite that you must hold to complete this course.
There are 2 dedicated days for training and 1 day for assessment. Number of candidates per course: 4
During in this course, you will cover:
- Techniques for hauling chainsaws into the tree and attaching them appropriately to the harness
- Use of appropriate techniques for establishing secure and comfortable work positions
- Appropriate use of various step and sink cuts and correct final pruning cuts
- Use of top-handled and lightweight rear handled chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner to remove light and medium weight branches
- Understand and fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a competent grounds person
- Understand the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness
Units covered in qualification:
- Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques
Before starting this course, you must have already acquired:
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Cross-cutting Timber using a Chainsaw
- Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- Accessing a Tree Using a Rope and Harness
- Aerial Rescue Operations
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
You will need to bring:
- A form of photo ID either valid driving licence or passport.
- Non snag Clothing suitable for all weather as you will be outside
- Arborist Helmet, complete with full mesh face shield and visor.
- Ear defenders conforming to 31SNR rating
- Steel Toe Cap Boots or Chainsaw Boots
- Work Gloves
- Chainsaw Trousers
- Personal First Aid Kit
We recommend bringing your own Chainsaw, Maintenance kit, Pruning Saw and Climbing Kit as this will give the best possible experience.
When bringing your own kit, you will need to show proof of a full and in date LOLER inspection of all equipment.
Equipment required and information related to lunches will be sent to the booker by email between 7-14 days before the course.
Your email will confirm location, instructor details and course timings.
Your booking confirmation email only serves to confirm your booking and payment and the date and timings of your course.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
VENUE: Course held at our Boughton House Training Centre.