Stump grinders remove tree stumps by literally chipping away at them. This course is designed for beginners or anyone looking to refresh their skills. Walk away from this course with newfound skills and knowledge ready to develop out in the field.
We allocate 1 day for training and assessment. Number of candidates per course: 6
During in this course, you will cover:
- Carry out operator checks and identify the safety features of a stump grinder
- Inspect and identify defects on the grinding mechanism
- Prepare machine prior to operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine
- Prepare a work area and a range of stumps for grinding and identify hazardous materials not to be ground
- Use approved techniques for safe and efficient stump grinding of a range of stump sizes
- State the procedure for removing blockages
- Re-instate ground and deal with arisings
- Prepare machine for transport and storage.
After finishing this course, you will receive a Certificate.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
You will need to bring:
- A form of photo ID either valid driving licence or passport.
- Non snag clothing suitable for all weather as you will be outside
- Chainsaw Boots
- Gloves with GripArborist Helmet, complete with full mesh face shield and visor also ear defenders conform to 31SNR ratin
- Personal First Aid Kits
Equipment required and information related to lunches will be sent to the booker by email 14 days before the course is to begin or as soon as possible if within 7 days.
Your email will contain directions to the course site, will specify if lunch is provided and any dietary requirements, and the equipment that may be required.
Your booking confirmation email only serves to confirm your booking and payment and the date and timings of your course. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
VENUE: Course held at a Northamptonshire venue. Venue's may vary and as such we will confirm the exact details and location upon receiving your booking and in advance of the event. We will contact the Booker with the venue details and any further details such as arrival information.