Tree Climbing, Aerial Rescue and Use of a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness Refresher (TG1 Update 2020)
Our course will revisit the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure you're confident across all three activities.
The training is delivered by experienced instructors to small groups, so you'll receive plenty of individual attention.
And we work closely with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to ensure our materials reflect current safe working practices.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Tree climbing equipment
- Rope configurations
- Tree access
- Final anchor point and work positioning
- Light branch removal
- Use of flip line and climbing irons
- Aerial rescue
- Preparing a chainsaw for use in a tree
- Securing the work position
- Cutting techniques.
- Clearing site and equipment checks
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
You will need to bring:
- A form of photo ID either valid driving licence or passport.
- Non snag Clothing suitable for all weather as you will be outside
- Arborist Helmet, complete with full mesh face shield and visor.
- Ear defenders conforming to 31SNR rating
- Steel Toe Cap Boots or Chainsaw Boots Work Gloves Chainsaw Trousers
- Personal First Aid Kit
We recommend bringing your own Chainsaw, Maintenance kit, Pruning Saw and Climbing Kit along. This will give the best possible experience.
When bringing your own kit, you will need to show proof of a full and in date LOLER inspection of all equipment.
Equipment required and information related to lunches will be sent to the booker by email 7 days before the course commences.
For all Refresher courses you will need to provide a copy of the original qualification certificate before you can take part on the day.