Using a Powered Pole Pruner
Powered Pole Pruners are powerful pieces of equipment. This course is designed for beginners or more experienced users to learn how to confidently use these tools. Walk away from this course with newfound skills and knowledge ready to develop them in the field.
We have 1 dedicated day for training and assessment. Number of candidates per course: 4
During in this course, you will cover:
- Identify the health and safety features required on a pruning saw
- Identify faults and defects on a pruning saw and cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy, and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Prepare the pruning saw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and chain lubrication
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the pruning saw fails these tests
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber
- Use correct pruning methods
- Clear the pruned branches in a safe manner
- And more
After finishing this course, you would receive a Certificate of training.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Course Specific Notes
You will need to bring:
- A form of photo ID either valid driving licence or passport.
- Arborist Helmet, complete with full mesh face shield and visor
- ear defenders conform to 31SNR rating
- Steel Toe Cap Boots or Chainsaw Boots
- Non snag Clothing suitable for all weather as you will be outside
- Work Gloves
We recommend bringing your own machine, tool kit and manual . This will give the best possible experience.
Equipment required and information relating to your course will be sent 7 - 14 days before the start date.
Please bring lunch with you as we are based in a rural location.
Your booking confirmation email only serves to confirm your booking and payment and the date and timings of your course.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
VENUE: Course held at a Northamptonshire venue. Venues may vary and as such we will confirm the exact details and location upon receiving your booking and in advance of the event. We will contact the Booker with the venue details and any further details such as arrival information.